You must protect your online security the same way you protect your home and possessions. Your PAC ensures that only you can access your accounts. It’s your responsibility to ensure that your ‘key’ to online banking is protected.
How to protect yourself
- Select a PAC that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess
- Do not select a part of your PIN (your ATM ‘key’) or another password
- Keep your PAC confidential and do not share it with anyone
- Do not write your PAC down or store it in a file on your computer
- Never disclose your PAC in a voice or email, and do not disclose it over the phone
- Ensure no one observes you typing in your PAC.Change your PAC on a regular basis. We suggest every 90–120 days
How to change your PAC
- Log in to online banking
- Click on ‘Profile and Preferences’ on the left hand navigation
- Select ‘Change Personal Access Code’
- Enter your existing PAC, then enter your new PAC twice
- Select ‘Submit’
You should receive a confirmation pop-up that your PAC has been successfully changed.